jQuery(function($){ setTimeout(function(){ var src=$('#trusty_hide_suggested iframe').attr("src"); var new_src=src+"&rel=0" $('#trusty_hide_suggested iframe').attr("src",new_src); },600); });

Dear Neighbor,  

Last week’s storms were devastating to communities across District 28. As a result, Governor Whitmer expanded emergency aid yesterday to Ingham County to efficiently and effectively distribute state resources to residents in need.  

If you have any questions or issues, please reach out to my office by calling (517) 373-3447 or emailing SenSSingh@senate.michigan.gov, and we can help connect you with resouces.  

In the meantime, I wanted to share some important information to assist individuals who may have been impacted by flooding or power outages. 

Floods are the most common and most costly natural disaster. If your home has experienced water damage, you should:

  • Contact your insurance company’s claims hotline and/or your agent to report your claim. Have your policy number and other relevant information readily available. 
  • When contacting your insurance company, be sure to communicate that you have experienced water damage and are looking to determine what coverage you have available. Do not simply state that your damage is due to a flood as there may be additional causes for water damage, such as a sewer backup or failing sump pump that may be covered under your policy. 
  • Take steps to protect your property and prevent further loss. 
  • Document your loss. Take pictures or videos of the damaged items and do not get rid of the items until the insurance company instructs you to remove the items.   

For more information, click here

If you encounter downed power lines, please avoid the area and report the issue to the power company.  

  • Consumers Energy: Call 1-888-535-9003 
  • Lansing BWL: Call 1-877-295-5001. You can visit lbwl.com/ready to see outage maps, get information on storm management and response, along with local resources  



Sen. Sam Singh
State Senator
District 28